Friday, July 18, 2008

Testing the Monitor

Last night I really wanted to get started with laying out the front panel. All of the dimensions are going to be based on the area of the lit part of the monitor so I had to fire it up - to make some measurements, of course! After I installed the drivers I just hooked it up as a second monitor to my laptop - I can't wipe the smile off of my face.

I've never played with one of these things before and it is so freaking cool. I was messing around in iTunes and I can see how these things are perfect for jukeboxes. Your finger works just like a mouse and it is quite accurate. I was able to easily control iTunes with just my finger! I'm actually debating now whether I should install a wireless card for Internet access - it would make it easy to get album art and stuff.

Anyway, I got the measurements I needed - 11-15/16" wide by 8-15/16" tall. This is how big the hole on the front panel needs to be. I am going to lay out everything next and begin cutting!

No comments: