Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Touchscreen Monitor Has Arrived!

Last night when I got home from work I had two packages waiting for me - the 1/8" black plexiglass I will be using for the front of the jukebox and, more importantly, the touchscreen monitor! I ordered it off of eBay for $103 shipped - a very good price, I think.

Anyway, upon opening the box this is what was inside:

The screen was well protected and shipped in a large box.

There were a few fingerprints and smudges on the screen which was to be expected but there are no scratches that I could see.

I do have one problem to deal with though and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. The picture below is a close up of the corner of the monitor. The part that I circled is a wire that is attached to the glass which sits about 1/8" off of the top. I want the 1/8" black plexiglass to sit flush with the glass of the monitor but with this wire in the way that is not possible. I'm not sure what I am going to do about this. Worst case scenario is that the monitor won't be flush with the plexiglass but I hope I can think of a better solution.

The next step is to plug in the monitor to make sure it works but more importantly I want to get the exact dimensions of the screen when it is turned on so I can lay out the front panel.

No comments: