Saturday, July 5, 2008

*sigh* ... yet another project... (YES!!!)

Well here we go again... even though I'm still in the middle of working on another arcade project I've decided to get going on a much smaller scale project - my very own jukebox! I can work on this during the week for most nights after work - unlike my arcade machine which I can only work on during the weekends (and I'm very busy this summer so that project is literally creeping along).

I've wanted to build one of these things for a while but I wasn't sure how I wanted it to look until mountain over at BYOAC BUILT HIS. My project is probably going to be a pretty close rip-off with some minor differences. Huge thanks to mountain for the inspiration!

I have a few main goals for this project:
- Touchscreen interface
- Ability to plug into home stereo
- 500GB hard drive
- Professional looking construction

That's about it. I haven't come up with a theme or a name or anything yet but I'm leaning towards something with a subtle "Pearl Jam" reference since they are my favorite band.

Here we go!

No comments: