Thursday, August 28, 2008

Front Panel: Return of the Template VI

Last night I didn't get much done other than putting a 45 degree bevel on the edges of the black Plexiglas. I used my router again and a chamfering bit and just ran the ball bearing around the interior openings. This is purely for decorative purposes. Eventually, I will have to sand and polish the beveled edge using some high grit sandpaper and the Novus 3 step polishing system to get rid of all the scuff marks left by the router bit.

Over the next few days I am going to concentrate on mounting the monitor into final position and gluing the front panel to the shell. This is going to take some time and patience because I have to remove material around the edges down to the Plexiglas to get the screen to sit as flush as possible (there will be a 1/8" gap because of the protruding wires, which I will eventually fill with black foam) and then I have to remove additional material for the mounting brackets. The goal is to have the screen mounted by the end of the weekend... stay tuned.

No comments: