Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Behind The Front Panel IV

I made a bit more progress last night. I managed to remove 3/16" of material around the speaker opening. This should allow me enough room to put an aluminum grill in front of some speaker cloth right up against the Plexiglas.

My goal this week was to have the front panel completely finished and glued to the shell but I still have a lot to do.
  • remove material behind monitor opening to mount monitor flush
  • remove material behind volume knob
  • remove material around top of volume knob
  • cut speaker grill and install
  • cut speaker fabric/material and install behind grill.
  • cut marquee pattern out of 1/4" MDF
  • polish edges of marquee, monitor and speaker openings
It's almost overwhelming. I can't believe how long it takes. I'm hopeful that once I am finished the rest of the project will come together quickly.

No comments: