Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Behind The Front Panel VII

After mounting the monitor, the last thing left to do was take care of the volume knob area. I cut the circle out behind the volume knob where the circuit board of the Griffin PowerMate will be installed using my drill and a foerstner bit. I also managed to remove 1/8" of material around the top of volume knob using the circle cutting jig.

I'm a little nervous about how everything is going to fit together. The cutout for the circuit board intrudes on where the monitor will sit as you can see. I cut the hole 1/8" oversized and the area for the monitor may be a bit oversized too so hopefully there is room for everything but it is going to be tight. I guess I'll know more when I actually try to stuff everything in there.

Well, that's it for this thing - finally. Time to start the back panel! I've got a couple of cool ideas for it but it shouldn't take nearly as long as the front panel did (I hope)...

No comments: