Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Behind The Front Panel II

Last night was productive... I guess. It is going very very slow. I was able to remove 3/8" of material behind the Plexiglas all the way around the monitor opening. This 3/8" strip is for the black foam tape/weatherstripping which will be installed to bridge the 1/8" gap between the monitor glass and the Plexiglas bezel. The monitor cannot lie flush with the Plexiglas because of the 1/8" tall "Transducer Wedge" (basically some wires) mounted on top of the glass which is what makes the touchscreen work properly.

These diagrams from the touchscreen manufacturer should give you an idea what I'm dealing with:

I will be doing pretty much what is shown in the last two pictures on the right. I cannot believe how much work is involved in mounting the touchscreen properly! I hope I can have it finished by the end of the week...

No comments: